SKRT Magazine catches up with artist Zurderblout on our mellow #SKRTview segment.
Zurderblout is a rapper, record producer and sound engineer. He talks his style, inspirations, released and forthcoming projects; EP 4000YEARS AGO, NAKIE4000 EP, Rapture Mixtape and debut album Murderclout, his creative process, relationships & more exclusive to www.skrtdaily.com
- Tell us about yourself
I am Zurderblout formerly known as Nakie4000, i have been making music for 9years. I’m a Rapper, record producer and sound engineer.
Also currently a student of University of Lagos, studying music in the department of creative arts.
- What influences the art/music you create?
Travis scott is my biggest influence, and i make music for the trap and hiphop culture.
- What genre or style are you sticking to ?
Trap / Hiphop.
- What sparked your interest in making music?
I started off as a drummer in my primary school/church. Thus making beats and sounds at that early stage made me realize my passion for music and the creative industry as a whole.
- What projects have you released or planning to release?
I got about 2 EP’s 4000YEARS AGO, NAKIE4000 ep, Rapture mixtape and my recently released debut album Murderclout. All these are available on all platforms worldwide. Also releasing my first single of 2021 on the 29th of april. Also i got a whole lotta juicy singles on the net y’all go jump on it.
- What keeps you motivated, what is your creative process ?
I don’t wanna lose, lost my dad to cancer 7years ago. All my family members ditched us! So i go hard for my moms and siblings, cause they all i got.
- What more to expect from your brand in the future?
GREATNESS. Murderclout is the future.
- Who are you eager to collaborate with?
Idgaf about nobody.
- What is your fashion sense saying?
Street wear culture. Also i own a streetwear fashion brand Murderclout.
- Poison of choice?
I stay sobered up.
- Describe your social & romantic relationship status?
- First Date Ideas?
Eating popcorn on the couch watching anime.
- Favorite whip/car?
All na vanity, idgaf.
- Vacay country/countries of choice ?
- Soda or Water?
- Workout routine?
Shawty lick me clean the way she s*ck me off.
- How do you uplift your self spiritually and mentally
I meditate and say my prayers.
- What impact do you plan to leave on society?
I am gonna raise a new army of intellectual music gems, who would push the trap and hip/hop culture over here in Nigeria/Africa.
- Who is/are your mentor(s)?
- Give a quote(s) you want to be remembered by?
Perfection is a process. Hardwork and consistency is the key to perfection.
Murderclout that’s the future.
Thanks for pulling up cuz, Looking forward to seeing you at the next SKRTFest event.