SKRT Magazine catches up with artist Philkeyz on our mellow #SKRTview segment.
Philkeyz is a Musician, performer and music producer. He talks his style, inspirations, released and forthcoming projects; “Premium EP” project, his creative process, relationships & more exclusive to www.skrtdaily.com
1. Tell us about yourself
My name is Philip Ahaiwe, popularly known as “Philkeyz” am a musician and performer and a serial hit music producer, born in Lagos, with parental origin from the east, Abia state, in Umuahia.
2. What influences the art/music you create?
My environment influences my sound a lot, and also I like telling stories with my music / sound.
3. What genre or style are you sticking to ?
I’m an Afro fusion artiste, musician but I am gifted with the amiability to create any genre of sound for any talented musician…
4. What sparked your interest in making music?
I grew up in am music family, so yes, in runs in the blood, but I was just able to Carry my own music global.
5. What projects have you released or planning to release?
I have dropped my “premium EP” project, which I consider as a starter pack, but it’s still a lot of great music, so there are still lots of joint colabos doing well like, necesari and others.
6. What keeps you motivated, what is your creative process ?
Great time with my loved ones, and real ones keep me motivated… it keeps me going… and knowing that i have the gifts in me…
7. What more to expect from your brand in the future?
Expect more music, more smashes, more quality vibes, more enjoyment, just allow the vibe take u on that journey .
8. Who are you eager to collaborate with?
I would collaborate with people with good spirit… more international arts.
9. What is your fashion sense saying?
I express myself through my fashion how ever I am feeling at that point.
10. Poison of choice?
I can’t tell what is poison of choice, or rather did not understand the question.
11. Describe your social & romantic relationship status?
My romantic relationship is under construction… am observing it.
12. First Date Ideas?
I would only go on a date with someone I love so, I would be natural.
13. Favorite whip/car?
I love high cars.
14. Vacay country/countries of choice ?
Ogudu cartel ranch, until I experience other countries.
15. Soda or Water?
16. Workout routine?
What ever is needed.
17. How do you uplift your self spiritually and mentally?
I uplift myself with loved ones… and a Time alone.
18. What impact do you plan to leave on society?
I want to show the Society that your dreams are possible and the only thing limiting you a lot of times is the way you think.
19. Who is/are your mentor(s)?
I like Pharrell, Timbaland.
20. Give a quote(s) you want to be remembered by?
The only thing that can stop you is you… if you say you don’t want to anymore…
Thanks for pulling up, Looking forward to seeing you at the next SKRTFest event.